Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bored in the USA

Summer sucks...

Not much hockey to talk about. A couple recent signings in Clowe back to SJ and Steckel with a 1-yr extension in Washington. The Ivan Hlinka U-18 tournament is starting Tuesday and Canada will probably win it. Good old Petr Nedved has a tryout with the Rangers, Sundin still hasn't decided and the Toronto and Montreal medias will not let the thing rest until it's official. I mean, seriously, who cares until he decides?

Speaking of frustration, few things arise my ire more than when NHL08 cheats for the computer. By cheats I mean, the computer holds the puck in my zone for 7 min, their guys CANNOT be checked, nor pokechecked, and even if they do stumble, there's 2 guys on their team right there to get the puck. Now I have pretty fast fingers and can switch guys and poke with good enough speed, but when their passing the puck around is faster than possible for me to change guys and play defense - THAT is cheating. The worst part about it is that I KNOW I'm going to get scored on, but I still have to futilely try to defend and the moment I slip - Goal.

Anyway, that's how boring summer is, as any hockey fan knows.

I'm taking ideas for math projects, so if there's something you'd think to see, post in the comments section and I'll see what I can do.

No comments: