Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grinding it out until NHL09

So I've decided on a project to do until NHL09 comes out and my life disappears. I have to give props to Michael Jerb for igniting my idea spark. It all started at a fantasy football draft and Jerb mentioned something about going to nerdhl to check out something or other fantasy. I instantly thought to do a fantasy post. (In case that word isn't drilled inside your head - fantasy, fantasy, fantasy, fantasy - Webster needs to come up with synonyms for Fantasy sports). I will try to rate the players for the upcoming season based on the last 2 seasons points per game, as well as compare their linemates. The linemates thing will be a little rough since they aren't on lines yet and people traded to different teams will be a little risky to just throw them on a line, but as I only think I'll do the top 100 or so, I'll just use my best judgement.

This post will probably take the rest of the summer until I return to school and maybe even more time, so don't expect it tomorrow, but I'll try to keep everyone updated on its progress.

If you have any specific stats you'd like to see, let me know. I'll be using the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey base stats for my rankings. These are as follows:
Skaters - Goals, Assists, Shots, PPP, +/-, PIMS, SHG, GWG
Goalies - W, SV%, GAA, Shutouts

I'll make a different list for goalies and skaters as I don't think I'll have time to calculate where each goalie would fit into the master list.

No comments: